Space Exploration 2008
David M Harland and Brian Harvey with contributions by leading authors on space exploration
An exciting new annual for space enthusiasts everywhere
There's something for everyone in this book:
- rocket and satellite launches, failures, and recoveries
- major space records, facts and feats
- anniversaries and landmarks
- International Space Station crews
- Where are they now? - the latest on deep space probes
- rockets and launch sites of the world
- lavishly illustrated and authoritative
In addition, Space Exploration 2008
presents unique contributions
from leading figures in space exploration and spaceflight. This year
find out about the future of space tourism, human missions to
asteroids and to Mars, the work of the Institute for Bio-Medical
Problems, technologies for ultra-deep space probes, Russia's new
space science projects, the SMART-1 and Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter
missions to the Moon, the role of a future moonbase, studying the Sun
from space, the latest Mars exploration news, the Phoenix mission to
Mars, and a Cassini at Saturn update.
Read all about it in Space Exploration 2008
now!Table of Contents
Preface - Welcome to Space Exploration 2008
- The Epic Journey Continues . . . .
The Annual Review by Brian Harvey
- Prepare for Lift-off! . . . .
The Future of Space Tourism by Erik Seedhouse
- Stepping Out into the Solar System . . . .
A Human Mission to an Asteroid by Leonard David
- Long Duration Spaceflight . . . .
The Work of the Institute of Bio-Medical Problems by Dominic Phelan
- Another Giant Leap . . . .
Human Missions to Mars by Donald Rapp
- Beyond the Solar System . . . .
Technologies for Ultra-Deep Space Probes by Greg Matloff
- Reviving the Old, Introducing the New . . . .
Russia’s New Space Science Projects by Igor Afanasiev
RETURN TO THE MOON
- Paving the Way for Future Exploration . . . .
The SMART-1 Mission to the Moon by Peter Rathsman
- NASA’s New Robotic Lunar Program . . . .
Seeking Water on the Moon by David M Harland
- And When We’re Back on the Moon, What Next? . . . .
The Role of a Future Moonbase by David Schrunk
SOLAR SYSTEM LOG
- Probing the Mysteries of Our Nearest Star . . . .
Studying the Sun from Space by Martin Mobberley
- Focusing on the Red Planet . . . .
Mars Exploration Update by James Graf
- Fire and Ice . . . .
The Phoenix Mission to Mars by Peter Smith
- Report from the Ringed Planet . . . .
Cassini at Saturn Update by David M Harland
192 pages; 4-colour throughoutBinding:
Praxis Publishing - Leaders in Scientific Publishing © 2008 All rights reserved